Location: Oakland or NYC
Start date: Spring 2019
Salary range: $140k-160k
- You report to CEO, Kimberly Bryant.
- You will oversee teams on two coasts with three direct reports. You will be responsible for hiring for a Program Director in the Bay Area and manage an overall team of 10.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
50% Exec Leadership
30% Strategy Ops
1M black women computer scientists and robotics engineers.
- One day, every black girl will see tech as something that she is -- and should be -- a part of creating.
- You will lead and manage a world-class team of leaders who will go on to play key leadership roles in the tech industry.
As the Vice President, Program you will:
Identify and execute the path to training 1M black girls for programming jobs by 2040.
Hire and manage an enviable, high performing, diverse and geographically dispersed team spanning two coasts -- consistently hitting impact and growth goals.
- Launch 2-3 new full-funded chapters annually.
State of Black Women in Tech
2% of Black women represent tech workers
26% of engineering bachelor’s degrees awarded to African Americans in 2011 went to
women despite outnumbering men nearly 2 to 1
- 500,000 new computing jobs were created in 2015, with fewer than 40,000 new graduates to fill them
"We are creating a powerful community of women skilled and confident about what they can create in the workplace.” - Kimberly Bryant, CEO